Monday, May 9, 2011

FAITH 3

FAITH MAKES THE BELIEVER COURAGEOUS

2 Samuel 22:30 For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I remember as a child watching the TV show about Superman. It started out with "It's a bird, it's a plane...no it's Superman. Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings at a single bound." That might not be exact but you get the idea. As a boy I wished that I could be a Superman. As I have grown older I realize that we can't be like the fictional character who fought for "Truth, Justice, and the American Way," but I do believe that with faith we can be more than we are sometimes.

Whenever we know we are led by God to do something we should never say, "I can't," or "I don't think I can." If God is leading us to do something, we CAN do all things. When we are saved we receive the Holy Spirit into our lives and that makes us no longer natural creatures but it makes us supernatural.

When we are saved we are changed into something with a new nature. It is like the caterpillar when it becomes a butterfly. If the butterfly continued to crawl around everywhere like a caterpillar it would not be fulfilling it's purpose. Faith should cause us to soar and spread beauty like the butterfly.

Be courageous. There is no glory for God in our fear.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.