Tuesday, February 22, 2011

LIFE STORIES 2

Psalms 90:9 For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.

SOME LIVES ARE TRAGEDIES

So many lives these days seem to be filled with tragedy and sad situations. I know that many people bring things upon themselves but sometimes bad things also happen to good people.

Even in times of difficulty there is good to be found. We see in the lives of people dealing with disease and life changing accidents some great incidences of courage that can be a great inspiration to us all.

My brother had muscular dystrophy and his brief life lasted only 23 years. His life was not a tragedy though. I was devastated when he died. I was only 20 and it took me a long time to come to grips with losing him. As time passed and the pain became less I was able to remember many of the lessons I learned from having him in my life.

I learned that it is not all about me. You have to be there for other people who need you. I learned that you can laugh and enjoy life and be there for others even though you might not have all the abilities that everyone else has. I learned that when someone dies you never really lose them because part of them always remains in your heart and in your mind. Since then I have also come to believe that there is somewhere that is better than here and those who know Jesus are there waiting for the rest of us who know Jesus to come home.

Now that is not so tragic is it.


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.