Wednesday, February 2, 2011

DELIVERED ME FROM FEARS

Psalms 34:4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

I can remember that as a young boy I used to fear going to sleep at night and dying in my sleep. The child's prayer that had the line "If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take" was a frightening choice of words to me. Because of sin somehow I realized that if God took my soul in my sleep that it would be so rotten that he would cast it away.

I never shared those fears with anyone. I didn't want anyone to know how worthless I really was. I was the only one in the world who really knew me and I think I even fooled myself sometimes.

When I finally realized that there was nothing I could do about it on my own I gave my worthless soul to Jesus and trusted Him to do what I could not. "He washed it white as snow."

At that time God delivered me from the terrible fear of what He would do with my soul. He cleaned it up and made it worthy of spending eternity with Him. That is something I could have never done myself. Only Jesus can do that.
NOTE: There was supposed to be a devotional from Jeremy Burkes posted today and I seem to have misplaced it on the computer. I will try to find it and post it Friday. If I can't there will be no devotional for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.