Monday, February 21, 2011

LIFE STORIES 1

Psalms 90:9 For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.
WRITING YOUR LIFE STORY

In my years in the ministry I have preached more funerals than I can remember. More important, I doubt very seriously if very many people that heard me preach them remember anything I said at the funeral.

One thing I do try to stress at each funeral is that what I have to say is not all that important. What the person did while they were alive is what really matters. I think we actually preach our own funeral as we are still alive. It is not the songs, the poems or the nice words of the sermon that people remember.

It is the memories that we put in people's minds and hearts while we are still with them that will last until we to go on to our final destination.

Just some food for thought this week. How will people remember you? How are you affecting those around you? After you are gone and someone perchance mentions you in a conversation will it make them smile, laugh, grimace and frown or cause them to miss you and make them thankful that were a part of their life?


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.