Friday, October 22, 2010

MOUNTAIN TOP EXPERIENCES 5

THE MOUNTAIN OF SERVICE
Matthew 15:29-31And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there. {30} And great multitudes came unto him, having with them lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them: {31} Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

Jesus came down from Glory to be an example to the rest of us. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords did not come the first time to be a ruler or to be ministered to. He came to set the example of service. He was a servant to all mankind.

Maybe we can't perform the miracles that He did but we can use the talents and gifts that God has given us. Though I can't heal the lame I can offer him a hand and help him in some way. I can't give sight to the blind but I can take him by the hand and lead him or sit and read to him from the Bible or some other good book. I can't give the dumb the ability to speak, but I can let him know I care what he thinks. I can't repair the maimed, but I can treat them like a whole person and help them to have dignity and self esteem.

Yes, there are many things I can't do. There are many things that I could do if I would. When I do these things nothing can match the mountain top experience that I have.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.