Monday, May 18, 2009

CEASE NOT

Ephesians 1:16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

No matter how rich our prayer life is we are bound to neglect some things we should not. Sometimes we are overwhelmed with a long list of prayer requests for those who have physical, spiritual or other special needs. I believe it is important to lift these up before the Lord in prayer.
I think it is wonderful that we can ask the Lord to bless us and those we know. It is comforting to know we can ask for his care over us and He will provide our needs each day.
Sometimes we fail to call out the names of those we are really thankful for. We need to be specific sometimes when we thank God for those in our lives. Sometimes we fail to remember how thankful we are for our family, friends, and brothers and sisters in Christ.
In this verse I think Paul is letting them know that he is thankful for them. If there is someone and I am sure there are many, take some time this week and make mention of them in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. You know it's funny. The one I forget to say thank you for is David. I suppose I think it is self explanatory. Now don't get me wrong, I pray for God to help him and bless him and keep him safe. But I'll try to do better to say Thank you for him.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.