Sunday, May 24, 2009

Calm In Fearful Times

by Jeremy Burkes

Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

What do you think of when you hear the word fear? People are afraid of a lot of things.
People are afraid of bugs, heights, darkness, failure, crowds, new things, change, job loss, being alone, death and even life, just to mention a few.
You might have noticed something on the list that applies to you or there may be something that is not on the list that you fear.
God sent us the Holy Spirit to help us be calm in fearful situations. When we are afraid we can call upon God through His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit will help us.

Psalm 27:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Whatever may cause you to fear is not too big for God to handle. He can calm you in fearful times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.