Thursday, July 24, 2008

THEY MUST BE MISERABLE

(Job 4:8) Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.
Have you ever known one of those people you just almost hate to come in contact with? I am talking about the person who somehow always makes you feel worse about something. It might be the one at work who always seems to do less than everyone else but does his or her best to make sure they get credit for everything they do. It could be the person that seems to take pleasure in hurting other peoples feelings or embarrassing anyone when they have an opportunity.

Maybe there is someone at church who always complains or finds fault with something and it just robs you of your joy and puts you in a bad mood. There are also the ones that get on your nerves trying to outdo you or trying to take advantage of you in some way.

We all know not only one but many people like that. Have you ever thought about how miserable those people are? Do you ever think about praying for that person. Put them on your prayer list, and after you have earnestly prayed for them for a couple of weeks let them know you have been praying for them. Make sure you do it in a spirit of love and caring. When they come to you again with their destructive attitude you can then say something like, "I have been praying for you lately. I know it's none of my business but you seem unhappy, (or insecure or angry, or whatever negative vibes they are sending), I just want you to know that I am concerned and I am praying for you."

They might get upset with you but it will give them something to think about and who knows, it could help them to change their lives.

1 comment:

  1. I know a man that really gets on my nerves and keeeeeps doing things that are wrong in my opinion but when I try to pray for him I only want to pray for bad things to come to him so I don't even pray for him at all.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.