Thursday, June 13, 2013

WANT OR NEED? 4

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEED according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Psalm 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

A teacher was trying to drive home the importance of expanding the vocabulary. She said that if you repeat a word ten times it will be yours forever. A young coed in the back of the class was heard saying over and over, "Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike..."
She obviously wanted Mike to be hers forever. I don't know if she ever got Mike or not but I wonder if she had would she have been happy with what she got. There are many times we think of so many things that we want. We think if we just had this or if we just had that we would be happy. I can speak from experience in saying that getting what we want does not always make us happy.
It is sometimes like the dog that caught the skunk. He got what he wanted but he sure didn't want what he got.
I think we would all be better off if we would just pray "Not my will, but thy will be done." It is then that we get what we need

Email us at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.