Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WANT OR NEED? 3

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEED according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Psalm 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 
"I really need a new cell phone."
That was a comment I heard a man make. At the time the man had no car, he was living in a house with no furniture and no utilities and had just started to work. His boss had to furnish his lunch each day until he got his first paycheck but he made that comment.
Sometimes I have heard people say other things like that and I am still amazed. I have a cell phone. I think maybe I was one of the last people in America to break down and get one. I love it. I like being in contact with my family on Facebook and I like following people I am interested in on twitter but I can honestly say I don't absolutely need a phone of any kind.
There are many things that make our life more convenient and more comfortable that we have come to think of as necessities when actually they are luxuries.
Not only have I learned that I have all I need. I feel that I am greatly blessed to have much of what I want. A comfortable place to live, heat and air conditioning, clean water to drink, decent clothes to wear, and so many other things that we take for granted. "The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want."

Email us at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.