Thursday, February 14, 2013

OVERCOME THE WORLD

1 John 5:5 Who is he that OVERCOMEth the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
 
Sometimes a verse will cause you to just stop what you are doing and do some serious evaluation of your Christian walk. That is what this verse did to me.
 
Overcome the world?  How can I overcome the world when I can't even overcome the restless nights sleep I had today.  How can I overcome the world when the news shows me that the world is becoming a dangerous and frightening place.
 
Overcome the world?  I can't even get my checkbook to balance.  My boss is making my life miserable and the government is going broke so fast I can't even depend on them anymore.
 
Overcome the world?  My spouse ignores me and my kids won't mind.  I am on so many committees at church I can't even keep track of when they meet and what they are supposed to be doing.  I feel more like the world is overcoming me.
 
These are just some of the thoughts that people might have when they think about overcoming the world.  All these things seem overwhelming until we realize that none of this will last.  We can only overcome the world when we realize that Jesus' kingdom is eternal and it is not of this world.
 
When we put things in the proper perspective all the problems of the world are not so big when we are joint heirs with Jesus Christ, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
 
You can email us at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.