Thursday, February 21, 2013

HOME SAFE

Matthew 18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred SHEEP, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
 
While my kids were growing up I was strict.  They had times to be home and if for some reason they could not make the curfew they had better call and have a very good reason.  If they had not called and were not home, five minutes after curfew I was in the car looking for them.  I only had to do that once for my son and I met him at the end of our street coming in.
 
I know a lot of people are thinking that is really too strict.  My daughter didn't think so.  She had a job in town that she worked some nights until ten.  She would call before she left work and let us know if she was going to be late.  We knew how long it took her to get home.  We lived about as far out in the country as you can get without being on your way back to town somewhere else.
 
One night she was late.  I got in my car and drove up the dark country road and there was her car on the side of the road.  There were no street lights and no lights on in the few houses that were within walking distance.  My daughter was not in the car.  I drove a little way past the car and turned around because there was an intersecting road in the other direction.
 
My heart leaped as I saw her come from that intersecting road walking toward me.  She had been looking for somewhere with lights on so she could call me. (This was before cell phones)  As she got in the car she started telling me how scared she was and that she had heard something growl at her in the dark and then she turned to me and said, "I am so glad I have parents that keep up with where I am.  I would have been scared to death if you had just gone to bed and not worried about me."
 
Even when we don't go astray intentionally we sometimes get sidetracked and stranded in bad places in this life.  I am glad that my Heavenly Father always keeps up with where I am and will always take me home safely.shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.