Monday, February 25, 2013

CALLING ON GOD

Jermiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
 
I have to make a confession.  I am an independent person and sometimes when I should ask others for help I am too stubborn to do it.  I don't know if it is pride or that I just don't like to bother anyone but I have been that way just as long as I can remember.
 
Maybe I think that I should be the one helping others.  Sometimes I even feel like I shouldn't be bothering God with my prayer request.  I know I should pray but isn't it much better to thank God for what we already have and to intercede for others than to ask God to help us?
 
In all honesty I am sure I miss a lot of blessings simply because I try to accomplish things on my own instead of calling out to God for the help that I know He can and is willing to give me.
 
Sometimes we are too stubborn and independent for our own good.  God wants us to call on Him and He wants to bless us yet we constantly fail to seek His help and blessings.
 
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.