Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Focus 3

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
John 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, YE SEEK me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.

Jesus was mildly rebuking the crowd that followed Him.  He knew their motives.  They were following Him because of what He could do for them.

I have heard it said that there were too many people seeking God's hand and not enough people seeking God's face.  I think there is a lot of truth in that.  They want to know God and receive God's blessings without really knowing Him on an intimate basis.  Many want the benefits of being saved without really making a commitment to God.

As we truly get to know God more personally we realize that the closer we conform to His will the more joy we will experience in our life.  Don't focus on the benefits, focus on the Benefactor, our Heavenly Father.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.