Friday, August 10, 2012

A NEW CREATURE 5

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I have a confession to make.  Because I have not understood and only know things in part I really believe I have missed a lot in my life.  When I compare my life to some I don't measure up so bad.  As a matter of fact I look pretty good in comparison to some. When I compare myself to others that I know I feel kind of inferior and know that I should be a much better person and a much stronger Christian.  I feel like I have cheated myself because I have not done my best.

It is even worse when I compare myself to Jesus and to the scriptures.  God's word is filled with promises which I have failed to claim simply because I have failed to strive to be more like Christ.  Lately as I enter the twilight of my years and I look back on my accomplishments I see that if I had been more surrendered to God that I could have been used so much more.  I realize that I can't go back and redo things.  The great thing is that I can still go forward and try to conform to the image of Christ.

God is not through with me.  He is not through with you either because you are still here.  It is never to late to start transforming into the new creature that should be in the image of God.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.