Monday, June 4, 2012

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? 1

Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Whether we want to admit it or not we are mostly made up of the things we really think about.  Sometimes I see people and I wonder, "What were you thinking when you did that to yourself?"
Actually in the case of some people I wonder if they were really thinking at all.  Especially with some of the piercings, tattoos, and hair styles that I see.

It is important to try to control our thoughts. We can't help what pops into our minds but we can control the thoughts that we dwell on.

I guess I am a dreamer and I have to be very careful not to let the dreams steer me completely away from reality.  The good part about that is that I keep my daydreams positive.  I have always said that worry is only negative fantasy.  That doesn't make much sense to me.

We can't keep wrong thoughts out of our head but we can drive them out.  We can fill them with better thoughts and that will not leave room for the bad thoughts.

I am going to be writing the next few devotionals on our thoughts.  I hope you get a blessing from them.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.