Thursday, May 24, 2012

WAKE UP 3

Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

It seems to me that the world is getting darker and darker all the time. If sin represents darkness then it is almost pitch black.

Lately I have been amazed at some of the things that have been happening in politics. I am amazed that our leaders have forgotten what sin is and have not only ignored it but have embraced it.

The worst part is that there are so many people who support them in their positions. It seems that every lifestyle imaginable is being pushed and except the Christian lifestyle. When we oppose sin they call it hate but as I see it the only hate is those who hate righteousness.

I for one don't hate sinners. I hate the sin that is destroying our society and those people involved in it. To cast off the works of darkness we must take a stand but we must make sure that we take it with a Christian attitude.

(Go back a couple of devotionals where I mention loving our enemies.)

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.