Thursday, December 16, 2010

PRAYER WARRIORS 3

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Make prayer a priority. Make it such a part of your life that you are aware that something is missing when you fail to pray.
My wife and I were about to eat at Subway the other day and as is our custom we bowed our heads and asked God's blessings on our food. We do this even when we eat out. We do not make a scene but we do quietly thank God for the food and ask His blessings upon it. In this instance a man came over and stuck out his hand and shook mine. "I just want to tell you how much I appreciate seeing you do that and what a good witness it is." he said. It gave us a chance to meet and fellowship with another Christian and even our conversation was a witness to anyone else who might have been watching. You never know when someone is watching you. It has actually happened to us on several occasions that someone would come up to us and comment.

Prayer before meals is not enough though. There are many opportunities for prayer. I realize that they are probably more for me because I am a preacher but if we talk of our faith the chances will come. We were in the doctor's office to get a checkup not long ago and the nurse and I usually joke and pick at each other. The conversation got around to our faith and the fact that I was a preacher. She asked me to pray for someone in her family. It would have been easy for me to just say "I certainly will." At that time I felt convicted by God to pray with her at that moment. She and my wife and I held hands and had prayer right there in the examination room. It was an opportunity for prayer and we were all blessed by it.

Be a prayer warrior. Take every opportunity to pray for and with others.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.