Friday, November 13, 2009

SPIRITUAL OBJECTIVES 5

To Receive The Greatest Realization

Philippians 3:12-13 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. {13} Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Paul makes an honest statement here. He admits that he has not yet attained the Christ-likeness that he desires. To me the greatest realization is to know that even though we may have a long way to go, we will never get there unless we have a strong desire to.

Many people never reach spiritual maturity because they are satisfied to remain babes in Christ, being spoon fed their spiritual nourishment from the pulpit. We must have a desire to walk closer to the Lord or we will never set goals and if we never set them we will never reach them.

We must reach forward to goals that we want to meet. We must make up our mind that it is what we really want to do, and then put forth every effort to reach our goals.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.