Sunday, November 1, 2009

Looking the Right Way 4

Hebrews 12:1-2 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, (2) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

We Need To Look Forward To His Return

Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

I have a confession to make. I am sometimes too comfortable in this world. I enjoy life and actually look forward to what each day has to offer. I really can not identify with people who get bored because there are so many things I would like to do. I have to be very aware that this world is not what I should be focusing on I need to be thinking of Jesus return and be looking for His return.

Everything in this world is going to pass away and all we will have left are the things we did motivated out of love for Him. Are you lazing up treasures in Heaven?" Look up! your redemption dearth nigh".

When you book around and become discouraged it is time to remember that this is all temporary and what his ahead for believers is so much better.


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.