Monday, September 28, 2009

GOD'S SUPPLY AND OUR NEED 2

GOD IS THE SUPPLIER

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

If you look closely at the verse you will notice that Paul said "my God". He was specific and we know that Paul's God was the God of the Old and New Testaments. He did not say some god, a god, or any god, he said "my God".
We hear much in the world today about diversity and about acceptance of other's belief systems. While I believe that we are to love everyone and we are to treat even the heathen with respect and caring, I also believe it is very dangerous to embrace a lie or accept a dangerous set of beliefs.
We must stand firm in believing that there is one True and that the Bible is His word to us. If something is contrary to the Bible then it should be contrary to our way of thinking. If we are going to depend upon God to supply our needs we need to recognize that He is the only source of the supply that we need.
One of the things I need, and God is supplying it as much as I will allow, is compassion and a burden for the enemies of Christianity. If we are to defeat them it will be by winning them to Christ.
Please feel free to contact me by email at shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.
If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.