Friday, November 16, 2012

Redeeming The Time

Ephesians 5:15-16 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, (16) Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
 
Time...it is the stuff that life is made of.  We all have the same amount of it each day but it seems that some people are able to do so much more in a day than others.  You can attribute this to organization or lots of other factors but it is the simple truth.  Everyone has the same amount of time each day as everyone else.
 
Sometimes we get caught up spending so much time on the urgent that we never get around to doing the things that are really important and sometimes we don't even recognize the different.

Time is a gift, a very precious gift that God has given us to use to fulfill his purpose.
 
As I get older (and my health continues to fail) I am more aware of the value of time than I have ever been.  I find myself trying to squeeze every drop out of every day trying to accomplish things because I know that I have just about used up the time that I have been given.
 
I have lost a lot of time, wasted a lot of time, and misused a lot of time in my life.  I realize now that I can never get it back.  Time is a precious gift from God and is only valuable when it is redeemed and used for His Glory.
 
 
Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.