Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A CHILD OF GOD

Ephesians 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
 
In my senior years sometimes I forget things that I was told, or things that happened recently but it seems that the older memories such as memories of my childhood are just as clear and maybe even clearer than they used to be.
 
I remember as a child the devotion and the awe and respect I had for my parents.  I tried to be what they wanted me to be and it pleased me to please them.
 
As we grow older we lose some of that fascination with our parents and we not only quit trying to please them in everything but sometimes we become defiant and go completely against their wills.  When we follow God it should not just be as children but it should be as "dear" children.
 
We should follow God with every intention of doing whatever we can to please Him and cause Him to be pleased with us.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.