Saturday, November 12, 2011

WE MUST HAVE A VISION 5

Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

SHARING THE VISION

Churches are perishing today because they have no vision. In the previous devotionals I discussed several things we should have a vision for. This was by no means a complete list but we must have a vision for the awfulness of sin, for the destructiveness of sin, and for the remedy of sin. I am afraid we have become complacent and are not worried about the souls of me.

Once in a church service they were singing, "Rescue The Perishing". One of the members was convicted by the Holy Spirit that we were failing to do that. He jumped up and shouted, "That is exactly what we are supposed to be doing, we are supposed to be rescuing the perishing." Someone told him to calm down, after all, "It is just a song!"
 
It might be just a song but the message is one that should pierce the hearts of all believers. We need to be about the business of warning others of the penalty of sin and telling them about the pardon of sinners by Jesus.

I ask you to pray for me that I will have a greater burden to share the gospel with the lost. Pray that I will have a vision for "souls".
 
Please feel free to contact me by email at
 
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

 
If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.