Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WE MUST HAVE A VISION 3

Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

PEOPLE ARE PERISHING FROM SIN

We need to have a vision of the destructiveness of sin. I am a firm believer in the security of a believer. I believe that we are saved by God's grace and kept by God's grace and no one can pry us out of the Savior's hand. Some people mistakenly believe that people who believe in the security of believers take that as a license to sin. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Sin will not cause me to lose my salvation but it will have a destructive effect on me.

I will give you an example. Suppose I were to get drunk and wind up in an automobile accident and cut off one of my arms. God would forgive me but he would not grow me a new arm. That is an extreme situation maybe but we need a vision of the extreme destructiveness of sin. Many individuals, families and even churches are perishing because they disregard the destructiveness of sin.

Remember, sin will take you farther than you want to go. It will keep you longer than you want to stay and it will cost you more than you want to pay.

God forbids us to do certain things because in His infinite wisdom He knows they are destructive. We need to have a vision of the destructiveness of sin.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.