Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RESPONSIBLE TO GOD 27

RESPONSIBILITY OF PRAYER
 
(James 5:16) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

WE MUST PRAY WITH DILIGENCE

Too often when someone ask us to pray for them we will mumble a hurried prayer and then forget the request. This should not be the case. We should try to remember that person and their problem or situation and hold them up before the Lord on a regular basis until they receive an answer from God or we receive an answer from God.

I remember a time in my life when I was really burdened for one of my wife's nieces who was very sick. I prayed for her daily and each worship service I would go to the altar and pray during the invitation. (I strongly believe in altar prayer.) One Sunday night as I was praying a peace came over me as if God was saying, "I have heard your prayer and answered your request."

I had been praying fervently and God did grant my request. She got over the terrible disease and was healed. Believe what God's Word says about prayer...it is all true.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.