Monday, January 24, 2011

LIVING BY THE RULES 3

LIVE WITH ENTHUSIASM

II Timothy 2:1-5 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. (2) And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. (3) Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. (4) No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. (5) And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.


It is good to be zealous and enthusiastic if you participate in sports. It also helps if you try to live your life with enthusiasm.

I feel really blessed in the fact that even though I am 59 years old I still have many things in life I can be enthusiastic about. I look forward to writing and posting the devotionals each day and I am especially thrilled when I get a comment or email from someone who has been helped or encouraged by them. There are other things in my life that I am enthusiastic about. I look forward to each day with anticipation and excitement and also with the expectation that I will somehow receive a blessing.

Each of us as a Christian should be like the anxious player sitting on the bench hoping that he will finally get in the game. The great thing is that in God's work we don't have to sit on the bench. We should really be excited that there is plenty of room for all of us on the playing field.

Please feel free to contact me by email at shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.