Monday, January 3, 2011

HAVE A GREAT DAY

Psalms 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
For years now people have been telling each other "Have a nice day." It is a nice sentiment but I have noticed that a lot of people have been saying it out of habit and do not really seem enthusiastic about it. Recently many have changed and started saying, "Have a blessed day." I really like that better and the first few times I heard it it did my heart good. I felt like the people who said it really wanted God to bless me. I hope people don't start saying that just out of habit.

I have thought about it a lot and what I like to say to people is, " I hope you have a really great day!" You can't hardly say it out of habit. You have to say it with enthusiasm and a little excitement in your voice. You almost certainly have to look the person in the eye and smile at them when you say it and that means you have to really notice the person. Believe me, it is almost impossible to say it and say it right unless you really mean it.

The next few devotionals will discuss some things that will help us to have a great day and I hope they do help you. I sincerely do hope you have a really great day!

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.