Tuesday, March 23, 2010

BELIEVING GOD 2

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

INTRODUCTION: Our relationship with God is built on our faith

Hebrews 11:1 Now FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

WE MUST BELIEVE IN HIS SOVEREIGNTY
Pr 8:32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep MY WAYS.
Definition
sovereign: with complete power: having supreme authority or power

We must recognize that God has complete power and supreme authority over us. The Bible teaches us that we are partners with God but we must always remember that He is the senior partner and sometimes He reserves the right to make some decisions without our approval.

The best scripture to illustrate how this is to our advantage is
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things WORK TOGETHER for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I have used this verse many times when trying to explain to people why bad things happen to good people. When my daughter had a terrible car wreck and was still in the hospital, with us not knowing how badly she was hurt, I felt compelled to preach from this passage of scripture. I felt that if I didn't really believe it then that I had no business using it to minister to others.

I did believe it then and I still do. God is in charge. He knows what is best. Believe that He has all power and authority.


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.