Wednesday, August 6, 2008

ROAD SIGNS

John 14:1-6 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.(2) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (4) And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. (5) Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? (6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Road signs are very helpful as we travel. They tell us what road we're on, and they even tell us generally in which direction we are going. If a highway is numbered with an odd number it is generally running North and South. If it has an even number it is running generally East and West.

Highway signs give us some very important information to make our trip easier and safer. One important detail before you begin a trip is knowing your destination. It wouldn't make much sense to just start out not having a destination, yet many people go through life just wandering along without direction, without destination, not realizing that they will end up lost.

Jesus spoke to the disciples first about the destination which is His Father's house, a house with many mansions and a place being prepared. He then tells them the way, "I am the Way". Jesus is the way to eternal life. Any other way will not only leave a person wandering without direction but will leave him ultimately lost. The way to the place Jesus is preparing for us is through Him and Him alone.

Have a safe trip. Pay attention to the signs (warnings) along the way. When you see a sign along the highway I hope you think of where you are ultimately going and remember that Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

2 comments:

  1. don't know anything profound to say, but again I say, AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it's nice to take a vacation from reality with no destination....just ride. But I always take Jesus with me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.