Friday, August 15, 2008

HOSPITAL FOR SINNERS

Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Someone once said that a Church is not a Sanctuary for Saints but a hospital for sinners. To that I say amen.
We too often forget where we came from and Who brought us to where we are and is taking us to where we are going. Except for Him we would be as sin sick as those who have no use for the church.
Even among our own sometimes we fail to help those who become weak or fall away. It is so much easier to criticize them or ignore them than to try with compassion to help them get better. Another person said, "The Lord's Army is the only one I know of that shoots its wounded."
There have been times in my life that I was having a hard time spiritually that would have been made a lot easier if someone had come along and encouraged me. Maybe there is someone you know that needs that type of encouragement.
When we sit within the walls we have built around our church and never venture out to those in need of Jesus, we are not doing our what Savior has commanded us to do.
"There is none righteous, no, not one." We should be sharing that same grace that we have received with those who have not yet received it. Tell someone about Jesus and His saving grace. And when you do it, have compassion. They are no different than you once were.

5 comments:

  1. Amen!!! But sometimes I get frustrated when the same old people keep on doing the same old bad things and don't understand why their life is so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Amen. That is the first time I have heard the saying that "The Lord's army is the only one that shoots its wounded", but I have seen it many times. Too often I guess I forget that to live like Jesus we have to get down and dirty with the downest and dirtiest! He never hung with the rich and famous, but the poorest. I will have to keep this in mind and try to be a nurse in Jesus' hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen from me for sure. You said it so much more elequently than I when I said church people are mean. They don't wonder what someone's pain is or how they can help.
    Sorry, anonymous but I totally disagree with you. bet you got a sin or two that you keep repeating...like judging others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry anon my mistake. now who was judging. guess I better pray for myself for a minute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I'm praying for others.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.