Friday, April 19, 2013

Getting Close to God By Trusting Him

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
 
Salvation is eternal.  Those who have trusted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will never perish.  This must be infuriating and frustrating for Satan who hates mankind and wishes him nothing but misery.
 
God is on our side and He wants what is best for us.  It is important for us to trust Him if we are to live victorious lives walking with Him daily.  Many times in my life I have hesitated and asked God, "Are you really sure about this Lord?"  In the end I have always found that trusting Him is the best thing I can do.
 
Distrust is an affront to God and Satan rejoices in doubt, discouragement, and distrust.
 
If you really want to draw closer to God you must learn to trust Him.  If you are to trust Him you must study His Word, the Bible, and so that you might know Him better.
 
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.